Men, women and children have different nutritional (vitamins and minerals) requirements that they can fulfill by taking a healthy diet comprising fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products. However, due to some reasons or the other, we still suffer from small nutritional deficiencies that various vitamin and mineral supplements can address. According to experts, these supplements certainly have a role to play in our daily diet, but they should not replace the real food. As their name implies, they should only make our diet complete. Here, we’ll take a look at the major benefits of vitamin and mineral supplements.
• These dietary supplements when consumed in conjunction with a healthy meal plan help us address the common nutrient insufficiency. For instance, in the North America, people often take inadequate amounts of vital nutrients like vitamin B12, vitamin D, potassium, and calcium. Hence, supplements can make up for these deficiencies that can bring forth chronic illnesses. A study conducted by National Institutes of Health confirmed the fact that postmenopausal females who took calcium and vitamin D experienced improved bone density and reduced fractures.
• One of the primary roles of vitamins and minerals is to protect our body from ailments. Therefore, supplements containing these nourishments will make sure that we stay protected against diseases since we are conforming to the recommended amounts of vitamins and minerals required by the body every day. This is especially beneficial for individuals who do not take a balanced diet.
• Supplements can ensure increased mens and womens health and wellness by contributing to greater muscular potency, stamina and physical functioning on the whole. So, athletes usually opt for them to enhance their performance.
• Certain vitamin and mineral supplements get combined with medications to make the treatment much more effective for various conditions.
• Nowadays, these dietary supplements come with specific formulations for specific health conditions like arthritis, joint stiffness, asthma and allergies, menopause, stress and anxiety, parasites and yeast infections, diabetes, cholesterol, and so on. This aspect has been described in detail underneath.
Joint & bone supplements containing boswellic acid, curcumin extract and bromelain selectively block the enzyme COX-2 (cyclooxygenase-2), which in turn hinders the production of the chemical messengers known as prostaglandins that induce the pain and arthritis inflammation. Similarly, borage oil reduces the aches and pains of rheumatoid arthritis, in addition to alleviating the irritations of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), endometriosis, and fibrocystic breasts. The combination of chondroitin and glucosamine in some joint & bone supplements stimulate the production of cartilage, keep up lubrication of joints and curb the production of enzymes that destruct cartilage.
Stress & insomnia supplements containing a host of ingredients like holy basil, royal jelly, astragalus, L-Theanine, passionflower, ashwagandha, red jujube, and vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12 can light up your mood, and above all, ease stress. They also decrease nervous irritability and cause relaxation so you can calm down and concentrate. They will also improve your concentration and interactions with people, and help you work more effectively.
Heart & cholesterol supplements comprising ingredients such as guggul lipids, sterols and sterolins, oat fiber, green tea extract, and red yeast powder can help in cholesterol management in a natural way. They can reduce the LDL cholesterol and regulate the balance of LDL, HDL and triglycerides.
Parasite and candida supplements having constituents like green black walnut hulls can expel worms, parasites, candida, canker sores, cold sores, fungus, tuberculosis, herpes, and eczema. Supplements containing caprylic acid which is a naturally occurring short-chained fatty acid can kill off the candida yeast by disintegrating its cell walls. Their antibacterial action is further strengthened by the antifungal properties of other ingredients like pau d’arco, cloves and garlic extract.
All these aforesaid vitamin and mineral supplements and many others including detox supplements, kidney support supplements, and digestive probiotic supplements are offered by BetterBeautyHealth.com at everyday low prices in Canada. From mens health vitamins to vitamins for womens health and wellness, the website deals in a wide array of top-quality products from reputable brands like New Roots Herbal. Before buying these supplements, always keep in mind that there is no alternative to a healthy diet and overdose of supplements should be avoided by all means.